Frosty No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
from oh she glows:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- 1 large banana
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp buckwheat groats (optional)
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- Sweetener, if preferred
1. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips for about 60 seconds being careful not to burn. Remove from microwave and stir so the rest of the chips melt.
2. Roughly chop the banana and mash it into the melted chips with a fork.
3. Stir in the rest of the ingredients into the chocolate & banana and stir very well until all oats are coated with chocolate.
4. Line a plate with parchment and drop about 7 cookies onto it. Alternatively, you can use muffin liners. Freeze for about 1 hour or until firm. Cookies will firm up, but they won’t become solid and will remain chewy. Leave in the freezer for a quick chocolate fix any time of the day! Makes 7 small cookies at 80 calories each.